I have a 14 year old Water Furnace which has dirty sock syndrome.The coil emits a foul odor in my home.

I call called Water Furnace and spoke to a customer relations person and am waiting for them to get back to me. 15 years ago the industry started to use recycle aluminum which is porous and allows bacteria to form on the coils. HEALTH HAZARD!!!

I'm waiting for a call !!

I just called this week and spoke to Riley a customer relations person.

Waiting for a return call before I contact the EPA.Replace the existing coil with a new coated coil, the problem should be solved.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of waterfurnace customer care. Waterfurnace needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned waterfurnace customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Waterfurnace.

Had an Experience with Waterfurnace?

Comments

I'm a 25 year user of WaterFurnance products!

That "DIRTY SOCK" smell on my unit turned out to be the drain hose attached to the drip pan!

I now every season pour hot soap into my drip pan and scrub it out ...

then rinse it with hot water.

Then I take 1/4 of a bleach tablet that you would put into the washing machine and drop it into the drip tube!

PROBLEM SOLVE.

I also have an access door on my cold air just before the filter that I can open up !This gives me complete access to all areas of the heat exchanger coil so I can clean it!

How did you resolve the coil replacement? How much did it cost you? We have the same issue.