1.1K views

I shopped around for a geothermal unit and settled on Water Furnace after talking to the contractor. The contractor told me that there was a 12 year warranty on everything.

He later told me that the warranty was 10 years on the furnace and 5 years on accessories. Shame on me. The furnace acted up by running wild and overheating the house. I advised the contractor of this on the first two occasions and told him I cannot live with this when it happened again.

He checked out the furnace and decided that the IntelliZone board was bad after talking to Waterfurnace. He also indicated to me that Waterfurnace has been having trouble with these boards when there is a power outage. The contractor installed a new board which was supplied by Waterfurnace and paid the contractor for installation. Then I received a bill from the contractor for $85 for diagnosing the problem that turned out to be a defective board furnished by Waterfurnace.

Now to the warranty. Waterfurnace issues a warranty certificate but does not include with it the Warranty Summary and Labor Allowance. I had numerous contacts with Waterfurnace before I was finally able to get this document which Waterfurnace claims is published. WHERE?

I have tried to attach the document to this transmission but don't know if it went through. It turns out Waterfurnace pays so much for installation of a new part and for the part but I doubt that it is sufficient to pay the full labor cost. In addition Waterfurnace does not pay for diagnostics even when the part furnished by Waterfurnace is found to be defective. Anybody thinking of buying a Waterfurnace product should first get all documents relative to the warranty from Waterfurnace.

They will not give them up without a specific request so you need to ask. From what I gather the consumer pays extra for the Warranty which is added to the price of the furnace. I am not sure of this and will not pursue it because the time to deal is past. By the way, Waterfurnace advised me to talk to the power company about the power outages and claim to have close to zero problems with the IntelliZone board.

I wonder if that is true. My furnace was installed in 2012

Product or Service Mentioned: Waterfurnace Furnace.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments