9000 Conservation Way, Fort Wayne, IN 46809, USA
1.6K views
Featured Not resolved
1.8

I have two Water Furnace systems in my house. They were installed in 2011 and have a ground loop system.

I've had issues from day one. To date in one unit they have had to replace the board no less than five times, the soft start unit two or three times, the coil, the compressor and finally, they swapped the entire unit out for a new one. The other unit has had a new compressor, three soft starts, a few new boards etc. The worst part is the lack of dealers in my area.

It takes a few days to a few weeks to get someone out to look at the unit, then a few days for parts. These units are not cheap. I spent a few hundred thousand dollars for my entire system and quite honestly, if I had to do it again I would have used a simple furnace with a high efficiency heat pump. The big sell was that these units are extrememely reliable and "They Just Work".

Right....

Don't waste your money. These units are garbage and they will be a thorn in your side forever!

Product or Service Mentioned: Waterfurnace Furnace.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Waterfurnace Cons: How unreliable the equipment is.

Comments

same junk at my home with same problems

This guys problem is with his installer not the equipment

@Mit Tazur

I have similar problems with the 2 WaterFurnace 4 ton geothermal HVAC units. I had for ~11 years.

At my cost, I replaced, the heat exchangers 4x, all the water circulating pumps, communication, and other issues at my cost.

WF geothermal is promised to be "industrial" , economical heating and cooling. Well, the only industrial strength I have seen is the attack on my wallet.

Waterfurnace Reviews