2.4

Purchased two Water furnace Envision units (6 ton for downstairs and 5 ton for upstairs) for our new home in 2007 ($40,000). The 6 ton unit has been a problem since the day we moved in.

It works great for about 6 months and then breaks. I have spent over $4,000 in non warranty covered labor cost on this unit. If you add the value of the warranty covered parts you are over $8,000. Basically, I spend $450 per year in repair cost that must be overcome before any utility cost savings.

Meanwhile the upstairs unit hums along trouble free going on 9 years. I definitely would factor in the extra upfront cost, additional repair cost and frustration from system downtime before making a decision to spend the extra money to go Water Furnace.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Waterfurnace Pros: When it works.

Waterfurnace Cons: High rate of equipment failure.

Comments

These Waterfurnace heat pumps are generally excellent. It's the installation that fails every time.

I repair geo systems only and have seen endless abominations when it comes to multiple units on one loop, the flow rates change when either unit or both is/are running and this can be a challenge to design but not impossible.

You just need a better designer or troubleshooter.

@freddy

Installation was fine. Our issue has been defective components.

Primarily the Coils.

The 10 year worry free warranty hasn't been cheap either. Just spent another $1,200 fixing the downstairs unit with a Waterfurnance recommended HVAC service provider.

Would never recommend this company.

Waterfurnace Reviews